Instagram is more than just pretty pictures. It’s also filled with great travel advice, style tips, entrepreneurial motivation, and food for your soul. Raise your hand if you’ve spent hours scrolling through Instagram. Well, if you’re doing some scrolling check out the accounts of these inspiring and badass women to give you a motivational push to get you closer to one of your goals.
- Girl Eat World: Need a vacation but stuck in your cubicle? Live vicariously through Girl Eat World’s Instagram account, which will give you both wanderlust and hunger pains. Melissa, the “girl” in Girl Eat World wasn’t a fan of selfies so she decided to feature amazing photographs of local delicacies to give armchair travelers a taste of different destinations. Her blog gives more travel advice and insights.
🇨🇿🍓 Trdelník with whipped cream and strawberries in Old Town Prague, Czech Republic. In the previous post, I talked about Chimney cake in Budapest. I had seen it before in Prague, in the form of Trdelník, even though the Hungarians have claimed this snack. When I visited Prague four years ago, they were sold in the same way as in Budapest. This time around, it seems that the Czech had gotten creative with it! Trdelník is now a lot more attractive and comes with different types of fillings – various ice creams, sauces like chocolate and caramel, and even whipped cream and fruits! Perfect for the summer. I love seeing how food have travelled and gets adapted around the world. This is my second time in Prague. This city is still as beautiful as I remember it four years ago! This time around I took the train out of Prague to Kutna Hora to check out the Sedlec Ossuary, a chapel decorated with real human bones. I am currently in Krakow, Poland and have been enjoying the food here. Next, I am heading to Lviv in Ukraine 🇺🇦! Please comment and recommend me your favorite Ukrainian dish or snacks!
- Nadia Vincent: A self-described “Wanderluster, Explorer, adventureprenuer,” Vincent, through her Instagram account and her Facebook group, “Are You Living It?” helps to inspire women to become digital nomads at any age. Even if you’re not ready to quit your job and start a business while traveling, you will be inspired to take a virtual ( or real) vacation with this globe trotting gal.
It's easy to fall in love with Bali … temples, warm people, lush jungles, sunrise on volcanoes, massage, dance, silk, surf, beaches, islands, coffee and more … ❤️ Somewhere along the journey to adulthood, many adults lose the ability or will to dream. We tend to make decisions out of fear. We stay tied down to people and situations that paralyze us into thinking that whatever dreams we have are just too far-fetched to come true. We settle for an ordinary life when we could have the life of our dreams. I look forward to doing more of Indonesia soon – any tips and Must-Dos? #outdreamyourself #livethelifeyoulove #livethelife #travelgoals #mountbatur #balibaby #indonesia #sunrise🌅
- Accidental Icon: Lyn Slater is a 63-year old fashionista who rarely asks, “Am I too old to wear this?” Known for always sporting statement earrings and sunglasses, she proves that real style is timeless and ageless. Slater has become a darling of the fashion industry and recently modeled in fashion week for a few designers. On her website, she blogs about designers, her outfits and the meaning of fashion. We should all hope to be as fashionable and at ease with aging as Slater is.
- Adwoa Aboah: Aboah proves that “pretty is as pretty does.” She’s a model, activist, and founder of GURLS Talk, an organization that encourages conversations and activism on gender equality and feminism. Her Instagram will have you drooling over the outfits and fortified by her activism. Aboah is inspiring because she’s fearless in fashion and in life.
- Massy Arias: Health coach, Arias does not play around when it comes to working out. She’s known for her #MA 30 Day Challenges that get followers to take their fitness goals to the next level. She also shares healthy eating tips and way to fit in fitness into a busy schedule. Her Instagram account also features pictures of her baby, India, who is the cutest baby you’ve ever seen. will breathe new life into your fitness routine.
- Blogilates: Cassey Ho is a fitness firecracker. Her popular YouTube channel, Blogilates spawned an empire. She’s the creator of POP Pilates & PIIT28, and the designer of POPFLEX Active. Her Instagram is chock full of easy and healthy recipes and quick, but powerful workouts, many are less than 5 minutes. If you’re looking to kickstart your workout routine, Blogilates is the Instagram account to follow.
"Be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to change you." 🌎 This week I wrote some blog posts and Instagram posts that really disappointed people – so much so that they publicly announced that they were going to unsubscribe and stop working out with me. And it showed. I lost hundreds followers the day I posted that motivational quote about not being lazy. Then I wrote a blog post about Taylor Swift and her new song (which was overall very positive BTW) but people got so mad at me for questioning the Kimye drama that they said they were ashamed of ever standing up for me when I was being harassed. I've been online for over 8 years now and I'm been subjected to all sorts of drama, lies, defamation, mean comments, hate speech, and death threats etc. But the ones that always hurt the most are the ones where I "disappoint" you guys. So right now, I'm feeling sad. 😔 And I'm questioning myself – should I not have said that?? I noticed that over the years I've had to really cut back on what I REALLY want to say in order to not be attacked. But in doing so, I feel like some of my blog posts and IG captions have gotten so vanilla…so wishy washy…all because I didn't want to offend anyone. But that's stupid, isn't it? Because I'm ALWAYS going to say something that someone's going to be upset about. As this fan base grows, so does the judgement of every single one of my actions. It's totally ok to disagree with me, and sure, unfollow me if our values don't align. I just need to keep reminding myself to BE ME. I don't mean harm. I mean well in all that I do. And if someone can't see my intention and they choose to shut me out of their life for one little thing I said that irked them, then I need to be OK with them not being in my life. Anyway, just wanted to let you guys know what's going on. Trying to get over this. Wanted to share. So posting some happy pics. #blogilates
- Mikia Graw: Graw is a groundbreaking entrepreneur who has made money out of some taboo subjects as the founder of Thinx, the period panty, ICON, the pee-proof panty, and Tushy, an affordable bidet. She’s feminist as F**k and has built her business around addressing women’s issues, particularly issues that generate shame in our society. She’s the author of “Do Cool Shit” and her Instagram is a chronicle of some of the cool shit she’s doing. The next time you’re searching for some motivation, run over to Graw’s Instagram account and get inspired as F**k.
- Audrey Gelman: Gelman is the founder of The Wing, the first all female only co-working space. Why is that a big deal? Many co-working spaces are mostly bro-zones and Gelman felt that women deserved a space for work and community in the tradition of 19th-century women’s clubs. The Wing is expanding around the country and is helping to lead a movement of female entrepreneurs. Gelman’s Instagram tracks both her personal and professional journey as an entrepreneur.
- Lalah Delia: Delia’s Instagram is a balm for your soul. Delia is a certified Wellness & Spiritual Practitioner, Writer, and Founder of Vibrate Higher Daily. She features quotes on relationships, self-care, gratitude, and self-worth from a single woman’s perspective. Delia has been single and celibate for four years since her divorce. Her inspirational Instagram account is like a hot cup of tea and a warm hug all rolled into one and will help you to settle down and walk taller.
- Rupi Kaur: Kaur is a poet, activist, and a disrupter. You may have heard about Kaur when a picture of her with a menstruation stain on her sweat pants was banned twice on Instagram. Or you may have come across one of her beautiful, inspiring, and lyrical poems. If you don’t know her work, you’re in for a treat when you visit her Instagram page. She intersperses pictures of her life with her poems. Her verses will speak directly to your soul.
i do not want to have you
to fill the empty parts of me
i want to be full on my own
i want to be so complete
i could light a whole city
i want to have you
cause the two of us combined
could set it on fire