We all have fears whether it’s fear of failure, fear of success, fear of being alone, fear of being in love, fear of clowns … you name a situation in life and someone is afraid of it. When you focus on your fears they just get larger and you feel smaller. So how do you change your perspective? For me, listening to empowering and inspirational music does it for me. Listening to someone else sing about how they’ve conquered their fears helps me to believe that I can overcome my own fears. Here are five songs to help you fight your fears and help you believe in yourself.
- Sara Bareilles — Brave. Sara Bareilles‘ song is Girl Power at its best. It was popular for a reason — it’s empowering and pushes us to feel just a little more courageous.
- Corrinne Bailey Rae — Stop Where You Are. Corrinne Bailey Rae‘s song taps into a common fear — fear of failure. We expect to achieve certain milestones in life and can get anxious if we haven’t reached where we think we should be in life. Bailey Rae’s song reminds us to take a minute to stop and appreciate where we are in life.
- Pat Benatar — Invincible. Sometimes you have to fake it until you make it. Pat Benatar‘s classic ’80’s anthem will make you believe you’re invincible even if you’re still feeling fearful.
- Public Enemy — Fight the Power. Feeling overwhelmed and fearful about the direction the world is headed? It’s time to pump up Public Enemy’s song to fight your fears and the powers that be.
- Destiny’s Child — Survivor. We often avoid facing our fears because we’re afraid we’re not strong enough to overcome them. If we tell someone we love them, will they reject us? If we go after our dreams, will we fail? It’s important to remember that we can survive even if the worst happens.