We all have fears whether it’s fear of failure, fear os success, fear of being alone, fear of being in love, you name a situation in life and someone if afraid of it. When you focus on your fears they just get larger and you feel smaller. So how do you change your perspective? For me, listening to empowering and inspirational music does it for me. Listening to someone else sing about how they’ve conquered their fears helps me to believe that I can overcome my own fears. Here are five songs to help you fight your fears.
- Sara Bareilles — Brave. Sara Bareilles’ song was popular for a reason — it’s empowering and helps us to feel just a little more courageous.
- Corrinne Bailey Rae — Stop Where You Are. Corrinne Bailey Rae’s song reminds us to take a minute to stop and appreciate where we are in life, even when we’re afraid.
- Pat Benatar — Invincible. Sometimes you have to fake it until you make it. Pat Benatar’s classic ’80’s anthem will make you believe you’re invincible even if you’re still feeling fearful.
- Public Enemy — Fight the Power. We’re all about overcoming our fears at The Union and Public Enemy’s song will help you fight your fears.
- Destiny’s Child — Survivor. We often avoid our fears because we’re afraid of what will happen after we face them. If we tell someone we love them, will they reject us? If we go after our dreams, will we fail? It’s important to remember that we can survive facing our fears.