The August heat is here and there is definitely something about a hot summer that makes us want to get our sexy on. Generally, summer is when we all workout a little more, wear a little less and just altogether feel a little uninhibited. So, for this special sex edition of The Spinsters Union, please indulge me thegiftgetter.com as I suggest a few things to give and get that will be sure to make your summer even steamier – and dare we say romantic?
1. Someone’s scent is a great aphrodisiac. There is nothing like a good scent that can elicit sensual feelings. I especially love the familiarity of my boyfriend’s smell on my pillow, which naturally makes his favorite cologne a winning gift for me. For him, it’s always John Varvatos.
For Her, Tocca Florence is my pick. It is my signature scent. I am lost without it’s subtle and alluring floral scent. I instantly feel confident and sexy when I have it on. When it is gifted to me, I appreciate how well that person knows me.
2. Obvious but a sure starter is lingerie. It’s the not so subtle way of asking for romance. It sends a very direct, confident and sexy message to the person you’re wearing it for.
For her, Agent Provocateur’s June Kimono Robe. I must admit it’s pricey but I’ll keep mine forever.
For him, (all he needs) Cotton Boxers like these from JCrew.
3. Rich and creamy lotion. Great skin and the promise of a massage is the absolute best outcome of gifting lotion. Once that sexy lingerie and boxers come off, it can be put to good use.
For him, Jack Black lotion. A for men only product. He will appreciate the exclusivity.
For Her, Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Body Lotion. Rich, decadent without that greasy residue.
4. THEGIFTGETTER’s TOP PICK! – Time together. A picnic, movie, a stroll wherever, etc. Send this gift of rare and special alone time via Paperless Post. It is my go to greeting card option. It’s a playful, modern and elegant option for delivering our best gift of all – quality time together. This kisses and hugs option from famed interior designer, Kelly Wearstler says it all.
5. Finally, a Wrist Watch. Watches signify strength and power for men and women. The style of watch can really reflect a person’s personality and sensuality. A wrist watches can signify commitment just as much as a ring (ladies – watch out!).
For him, Breitling. Three words… Sexy. As. Hell.
For her, Cartier. You can never go wrong with classic Cartier.
We’d love to hear some of the sexiest gifts you like to give and receive. Tell us in the comments below. Be sure to check out all the great gift options from: